background

Monday, September 9, 2013

Sundays

 Yesterday was such a gem.  I was able to go up to Primary Children's Hospital and help with the LDS branch there.   They go around and visit patients, hand out ensigns, and ask if anyone needs prayers or priesthood blessings. Then, they provide a sacrament service (church meeting) for anyone in the hospital that would like to join.  As soon as I walked through the doors of the little chapel, the spirit touched my heart.  I could feel God's love for all of His children, old or young.  The faith of all in the room was so strong, and although they were all going through something hard, we could all feel the Savior's love.  I then got to visit some of the children and give them some church lessons.  I shared my testimony about revelation.  I told them that I know that we can gain strong testimonies of the gospel by choosing the right and asking our Heavenly Father our questions.
It was a beautiful experience to spend so much time with the people in that hospital.  It reminded me of when Mr. H and I spent quite awhile in the hospital for his surgery.  I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, and how it gives me so much comfort and reminds me that I can be with my family forever.  
That night, Mr. H and I took little C to Temple Square.  How we love our Salt Lake City!  It was so beautiful.  The flowers were gorgeous, and spirit could be felt so strongly.  C had so much fun walking around and charming the missionaries.  
Smelling the flowers
Gorgeous Temple
C running around
C looking at the Christus statue.  He loved pointing up at Jesus's face
View of some of downtown, including the capitol building
Our cute family, in front of the temple




No comments:

Post a Comment