background

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Harvest Time and a very important birthday!




My mother is from a little town east of Rexburg.  The population is like 323, and there are 4 streets: Main, Church, Park, and City! :)  My grandpa farms just outside of this little town.  
It is beautiful country.

This is the old family barn.  
Anyway, it was my grandma's 75th birthday on Friday, and Harvest time is taking place, so my mom and I thought it would be fun to take a little road trip up and hang out with my grandma and family.  It was my first night alone from Mr. H in our entire marriage, so I was a little nervous.  
We had such a good trip!  It was really good to chat with my mom in the car, and C did great on the way up.  We met up with my Grandma and BYU-Idaho, ate lunch and walked around.  

It was really beautiful!  We drove up to the farm and hung out for awhile.  My uncle showed me his awesome poetry collection (I didn't even know he wrote!), and then C played outside.  It was heaven for him to have so many places to run around!



We made a delicious dinner, visited with some family and went to bed.  The next morning, my sweet mom made my grandma a birthday breakfast!  We met up with some family to celebrate my grandma with a birthday lunch!  It was so nice to see everyone.
Some of the crew :)
C playing with grandma

It was so nice to spend some time up there with my family.  The farm will always have such a special place in my heart.  And my grandma is amazing.  She has such a great attitude about life, and she is so generous.  She has built a beautiful life for her family, and I'm very grateful to have a close relationship to her.  It was also so nice to spend some quality time with my mom.  What a neat lady.  I'm so blessed to have such positive role models in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment