background

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Medicine Woman Mommy

Medicine Woman Mommy.  ha.  I don't know why that cracks me up, but I sure get a kick out of it. :) (Mr. H would say he's glad it cracks someone up) 
Anyway.
I just wanted to share: baby C started getting sick on Tuesday.  Nothing major, but I wanted to be prepared this time around, because sick babies are the WORST.
So I pulled out my eucalyptus oil and gave him a bath with it, and put it in his humidifier.  
Yesterday, so Wednesday, he was much worse.  That little nose was running, and his eyes were really watery.  He was really out of it.  
So I used my trusty friend, garlic, and made him REALLY  garlicky scrambled eggs.  We kept up the humidifier, but after lunch his nose was still really runny.
We headed to sprouts farmer's market and I asked them if they had anything for baby colds. 
They recommended me a product called "Sniffles n' Sneezes 4 kids".  

Anyway, we used it.  I am amazed!!!  It really did work!  So he slept through the night, his nose has stopped running and this morning he woke up happy and a lot less congested.  I gave him some more garlicky scrambled eggs, an orange and then a baby green smoothie.  So far, he's doing great.  
I'm normally in the middle in terms of going natural vs. medicine.  I feel both sides have their place, and both should be used with caution.  But I did really feel this product worked.  I have a much happier baby a day a day and half after getting sick. 
:) 
Hooray!
Also:
C's new favorite book:
Meet Chicka Chicka Boom Boom-a H family favorite.  Seriously-C brings this book to me 10 times a day to read.  He loves it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment