background

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Shout out to DAD!



It's my dad's birthday today.
We spent the whole day hanging out with him, so this post is going to be a little late.  
Man I'm lucky to have such a great dad.  
My dad was one of those one in a million kind of dads.  
He painted a mural for my sister and I in our bedroom of a beautiful garden with hidden animals inside of it.
He (and my mom) built a beautiful cottage play house in my basement for us to play in.
When I told him I wanted to be a writer, he made a book for me to fill the pages in.  
He took me on countless daddy-daughter dates.
Whenever I was sad, he would always wait about five minutes and then come and let me talk about it.
He taught me to find the beauty in the world.
He always believed in me.
He helped make my dreams possible.
He showed me what a good man does.


Anyway, Happy Birthday Dad!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment