background

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Conference Weekend


Every six months, my church hosts a General Conference.  
It consists of 4 two hour sessions of our apostles, prophet, and other church leaders speaking to us and counseling us.  
It is amazing.  
I believe that our prophet is a spokesman for God.  I believe that the messages shared over the pulpit during the conference is what God needs me to hear.  
People gather in the Conference Center to listen, but it is broadcasted live all over the world.  
I got to watch it on TV.  
I love hearing from these inspired men and women.  They always speak straight to my heart.  
Their messages are always loud and clear.
God loves us and wants us to be happy.  

Some thoughts I walked away with from this conference:

God is ALWAYS there, reaching for us with open arms NO MATTER WHAT WE HAVE DONE.
By keeping temple covenants, I can have the power of God, (the priesthood) in my life.
Do I understand who I am?  
"Never look back.  Look at what we still have to do."
Faith is ALWAYS pointed to the future.
Keeping the law of tithing brings simple, but significant blessings. 
There is room in the gospel for everyone.  As President Uchtdorf said, "Come Join With Us"
A mother is on an errand to do God's Work
Our decisions determine our destiny.  
And much much more.  

I collected some graphics I really liked. 

We spent our weekend watching General Conference up in Centerville.  Saturday night, C and I went with my mom to dinner and hung out at the mall.  It was really nice, and baby C loved the fountains!  We spent Sunday morning session at the H's, and it was so nice to see everyone.  

Then we spent the afternoon session with my family.  We missed my dad (he was on a business trip) and L and J, but we still had a great time with my brothers and mom.  
It was  a great weekend.  Click on the link above "General Conference" to browse some of the messages shared.  
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment