background

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas Break

This Christmas Break was wonderful.
Having Mr. H to ourselves made baby C and I the happiest of all.
There were some stressful times, and times when I felt anxiety creeping into my day.
However, 2014 has been good to our little family.  We have had such a blast being together, and just plain RELAXING.
I have also realized that baby C is no longer a baby.  Man, I don't know why that hit me this break, but he keeps reminding me that he is a LITTLE BOY.  Crazy.  So I guess I will have to start calling him C now. :)
To start off the break:
I was able to have a mini-recital for my piano students.  I've been teaching one girl for the past semester, and have picked up two more students.  It was really fun to have them all together and hear them play.


Mr. H fixed my dresser.  HOORAY! C was so cute as he helped him with the tools.  He loves doing what we are doing. 


My sister and brother in law flew in from D.C. It was so fun to have them around.  I have missed her so much!!!!
My mom, sister, C and me as we shopped the day after Christmas.  I finally bought a leopard cardigan, which I have been wanting for years. :)
Grandma and Grandpa  W and T  gave C this adorable Harry Potter tee-shirt.  On the front it states: "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" and on the back, "Mischief Managed".  We WILL be a family of Harry Potter Fans. :)
We gave C a basketball hoop for Christmas.  Christmas morning he was TERRIFIED of it.  We could not figure that one out.  He would just point at it, say Ball, and then back away slowly.  But, much to Mr. H's relief, the day after Christmas he fell in love.  Now it's the first thing he does when he wakes up in the morning. 

We were able to go Cross Country Skiing with my family.  It was gorgeous and really fun.  We wanted to bring C, but Grandma W and T were nice enough to watch him for us.  And it was a good thing, because we continued to fall and fall!

Mr. H was also able to go to the temple with his family and do some family history work.  That was so neat for them.  We spent many afternoons in Centerville, and then many again here.

New Year's Eve was fun.  We had some friends over, ate Chinese food, played games and heard some of the funniest first kiss stories ever. :)

Mr. H and I have had the best of the best weekends here at home.  We had our weekly date night on Friday, and Mr. H was a good sport and played my games and made new year's resolutions.

Saturday we were able to go to the U of U's basketball game.  C was really cute.  He got so excited and was good the whole time.  We ended the night at my grandma's 75th birthday party.  Happy birthday grandma!

Mr. H and I are happy.  It's so good being together.  We're excited for what this year is bringing.  

1 comment: