background

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

T's First week of Life + my birthday

The first week of T's life was lovely.  Seriously: one of the happiest/best weeks ever.

My mom was able to fly in and arrived the Tuesday after he was born.  We had gotten home from the hospital that morning, so the timing was perfect.

It was so nice to have her here: she made my favorite foods, rubbed my feet and took awesome care of C so that Mr. H and I could relax and enjoy the baby.  

We loved going on walks, playing in the snow, and cuddling.  I was so sad to have her leave....it seemed there were just more and more things to do and show her.  

My birthday was also during this time and it was wonderful.  It was nice to just hang out with my little family and get the treat of having my mom here as well.  A highlight was a beautiful painting my dad painted for me of a spot on our trip this last summer.  I love having an artist dad. :)

It was a lovely week.  We were so thankful for how nice she made it for us and helped us transition to being home.  

I felt great---which was awesome.  It was crazy: I seriously felt like I hadn't had a baby.  I was so happy! 

We figured out T would sleep in the ergo baby newborn insert...ha this didn't last very long.

It's safe to say he adores her.




Love this picture of the boys! C has loved playing with all of his old baby toys.



C LOVED holding baby T.  Even when T was screaming...it didn't seem to phase C.



1 week old

We celebrated my birthday...the big 25! 



the busy cook...she made my favorite dinner and cake (with my favorite: almond extract)











1 comment: