background

Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Grand Move Part 1

We got out the door on Friday, and started our trek eastward! :)  
I loved driving in Wyoming- it was really beautiful.  My dad was the perfect travel companion for this leg, and we listened to John Denver as we watched the sun set on this gorgeous plains.

We ate dinner at 'Su Casa' in Rawlins, which was really good.  (Thanks J!)

That night we slept in Laramie, which reminded me of my best friend K and her infamous Laramie River Ranch. :)  




Saturday we got going and made a stop in North Platte, and then ending up that night in Omaha.  Mr. H and I had a fun stretch in the truck on that day, and we sang his old band's cd mix to our hearts content together.  Nebraska was also really pretty, but it was crazy how much greener it got as soon as we got near to Omaha.


We headed up to Winter's Quarters, and saw the temple as well as some historical Mormon Pioneer sites.  It was cool to see a spot that I had heard talked about so much in person.  








We ate a super late dinner that night...I think it was around 9:30.... Poor C wolfed it down.  The waitress commented that I had such a good eater on my hands, but I kind of think the time was the biggest factor. :)

The next morning we drove about an hour up the road and made it to a small branch in Atlantic, Iowa.  The church was beautiful, and was surrounded by gorgeous corn fields.  It was a good experience to go to a branch that was so small and see the faith of the great members there!  We made it to South Bend that night, and although we dd not see Touch Down Jesus, we were pleasantly surprised at how nice our 2 star hotel was and had a great night.  



Oh, we crossed the Mississippi River.  It was pretty awesome, and sweet Mr. H called to tell me I was the prettiest girl this side of the Mississippi. :)  

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Haha. And Kyle had a band?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! Viscosity to be precise. He was the drummer...so many hidden talents. :)

      Delete