background

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Waiting on Baby

We're three days away from my guess date.

I've been trying to get every possible thing I can think of done before baby arrives.

This month has been great so far.  The snow is starting to melt.  

I've had some amazing help getting things ready.  

I cut my hair... which was kind of a big deal for me.  

Feeling a little sad....
We're getting really excited for this baby to come.  The last couple of days I've finally felt 'ready'.  

But what I really wanted this blog post to document was C.

I've been getting emotional about a lot of things, but one of them has been C.  
What a kid.  He never ceases to amaze me, and I feel so grateful to be his mother.  I don't know how this transition from only child to older brother is going to go, but I wanted to document some of the fun/sweet things he's been doing lately.  

* We have a game where I say, "C, you're the best!"  He always responds, "No mom, you're the BEST!"  We then both say "We're BOTH the Best".  Nothing like a good round of that to boost your self-esteem. :)

*He LOVES playing games.  He loves hide and seek and has started to learn how to be quiet while he is hiding.  He also loves the game 'Huckle Buckle Beanstalk', an H family tradition.  You hide an item in the room and then help guide the seeker to the item.  He hasn't quite mastered the art of not pointing directly to it. :)

*He loves reading books.  Man I'm so happy this kid likes to read.  He's been memorizing the books too, and he loves to read them out loud to us. He's also been letting me read him chapter books, and we're currently reading "Charlotte's Web".  I love snuggling him and reading to him.  

*He is also getting to be quite the avid singer.  He always sings a long with me in the house, and it's funny to hear some of the songs he's picked up.  Some have included "Sweet Sweet Smile" (Carpenters), "Shake it Off" (Taylor Swift...he's really good at the 'boom boom' part), and "Let it Go".  

He loves singing by HIMSELF too, and his current repertoire is "Winnie the Pooh", "child of God", "Edelweiss" and any other silly song we can come up with. 

He is getting to be really polite (most of the time), and I love his little mannerisms.  
"Oh sorry, momma."
"Please, with a SMILE!"
"I won't anymore..."
"Oh, okay."
"This is really good mommy!  Thanks!"

He's starting to ask questions, and one of his favorites is asking who the people are on the cereal box.  
The other day at the store, there were St. Patrick's day decorations up.  He pointed at them and asked, "What are those mommy?"  I told him, and he said, "Wow.  They are so beautiful".

He loves pretending going to the store, and he LOVES our new grocery store of preference "market basket".

I said, "C do you want me or daddy to read you a book tonight?"
C: "I want daddy.  Mommy needs to work on dishwasher".
*those two boys gang up on me! :)

He wakes us up in the morning by knocking on our door in a very polite fashion. :)

He loves running laps in our house. 

He's also getting quite good at memorizing, and we've been having him work on articles of faith.  He's doing awesome!

I could go on and on, but I love having my little buddy around.  He has such a tender heart, and I am amazed at how he recognizes the needs of others around him.  This morning I was feeling a little sick, and he tucked me in, gave me a back rub and brought his baby to help me feel better.  He loves being all together and his daddy is still his favorite person in the world.  I wish I could hold onto time, but it is amazing to watch him grow up.  The next couple of weeks are going to have a different focus, and it kind of breaks my heart that my C time is going to diminish but I'm also so excited for him to be able to be a brother.  


pretty sure he gets the closed eyed photogenic skills from his momma :)
Well....the next post should be about a baby... so hooray for that!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! So fun to hear how C is growing! Very excited to meet my new nephew, good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie! I can't wait for the little baby to com and I LOVE your hair!!

    ReplyDelete