background

Saturday, March 14, 2015

February musings....

                                       February.  What a month here in Watertown, MA.

SNOW.

That would be the word of all words to sum it up.

It snowed.  A lot.

More on that later.

Other happenings:

A fun superbowl party with friends.  We let C stay up and he had a BLAST.  He LOVED eating the treats and playing with his friends.  

Tuesdays have become our library days.  We love our local library, and C has grown to love the story time there.  He loves picking out books (we've gotten some weird ones), playing with the toys there, and playing puzzles.  His favorite part is checking out, and he takes it very seriously.  He loves handing the librarian the card, and then she always gives him a stamp on his hand.  Lately, he's been asking for both hands.  It's pretty cute.

Mr. H and I helped with a fun primary activity.  We are enjoying our callings as primary teachers working with the eleven year olds.  

We also got to speak in church.  We talked about family history, and we had fun putting those talks together. Mr. H LOVES doing family history and has been plugging away at it very diligently.  We both found out that we have ancestors that helped found Watertown.  Cemetery scouting will be happening as soon as the snow melts.

We've also been diligent attenders at Tune Train through the Watertown family network. C has been learning so many new songs and we love it.

We had a nice Valentine's day.  Mr. H and I take turns planning V-day and our anniversary every year, and it was my turn for this fun day.  We made a fun fancy breakfast with C.  He loves 'fancy' breakfasts!  Then that night we all went to dinner.  It was of course snowing, and so we didn't go very far.  Dinner was good, and it was fun having C along.  Mr. H and I played games that night and then watched a movie of his choice: Castaway.  I had never seen it, and while I don't know if it would have ever been my pick for a Valentine's day movie, it was fun to see how much he enjoyed it.




Mr. H and I did a hospital tour of where I will be delivering at.  It was really fun---we're excited to have such a great hospital in our area!  

We had two Sundays where church was cancelled.  We got to have our own sacrament meeting which was different, but neat.  

Mr. H and I have been going on a few dates which have also been fun.  We went to a play, a murder mystery by Agatha Christie.  It was held at a local church, and it was a lot of fun!  We also went and played racquetball and our local YMCA.  That was hilarious....Mr. H had to play with his left hand to make it remotely far.  

My dr's appointments picked up this month, and I have to say C has been quite the trooper.  He is the best buddy every at those appointments.  My third trimester has surprisingly been my best, and I've felt really good and healthy. 

School was cancelled a lot too....which was fun for the most part, but got kind of stressful towards the end.  

And back to the snow.  I have never experienced SO MUCH SNOW! It just kept on coming.  A foot here, a couple of feet there it was crazy.  Boston made a record on snowfall this February, and I was afraid the snow drifts were going to cover my windows!  Luckily, our power always remained on, and so it mostly just kept us indoors.  Poor Mr. H had to do a lot of shoveling. 
Modeling my scarf...and sporting his new haircut!

A couple of V-day decorations






No comments:

Post a Comment