background

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

quiet day

When I was a new mom, I felt like I needed to bounce back really quick.  
I was expecting to be back to my normal self/life within a week.

That definitely did not happen, and I started feeling like a total failure.  Because of that, I don't feel like I enjoyed those first few weeks with a newborn as much as I should have.  

I was convinced I needed to be doing my normal day stuff, and thereby missed out on some of the time to snuggle and cherish the baby moments.

Today, I took some of those moments.  C and I spent the entire morning reading books, him snuggled in my lap, and then I convinced him to snuggle in bed with me.  (no small feat) 

We snuggled and cuddled and it was the best.  He patted my back and I rubbed his arms and we were content and happy together.  We practiced 'whispering' and telling each other secrets, like 'i love you' and C saying 'love mom/ love dada'.  

the books we read together...our poor copy of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom..




.  

It was wonderful.  We were in no means 'productive', but I will cherish that hour for a long time.  

After our morning snuggles, C was such a happy boy.  He helped me clean, and went through all the books on my bookshelf.  I love that.  He finds a book, pretends to read it, and then brings it to me to put in our stack.  He also loves to go through our picture albums, and is delighted to find us in there.  :)

I'm so grateful for these small moments.  What a blessing to be able to spend every day with this little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment